Additional course information
Making communication even better learning hub objectives
- Provides an overview of CSN and different methods of communication.
- Raises awareness of what can happen when people with a CSN are denied their right to communication.
- Promotes reflection and thinking about inclusive communication.
- Enable you to examine your service from the point of view of people with a CSN.
- Fosters a communication friendly environment.
Navigating the learning hub
The learning hub has been designed to allow you to dip in and out of the five sections, depending on your learning requirements.
At the beginning of each section please download a copy of the workbook and complete as you work through the section.
Certification and action planning
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must complete all five sections of the learning hub. You are then asked to reflect on your learning and identify actions you will take to improve communication with people who have a CSN. A completed action plan must be submitted to unlock the certificate of completion
Public health skills and knowledge framework (PHSKF)
The learning hub can help to develop evidence for the following functions of the PHSKF
A5 - Audit, evaluate and redesign services and interventions to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities.
C2 - Communicate with others to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities